Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 7: Spring/Easter Yarn Wreath

Hello my fellow Pinterest Fanatics!  I hope all of you have had a great week!  I know I have!  I've been doing a lot of prep work for the craft show (my first) I will be participating in on March 16th!  I am super excited!! :)

Anyway, this week, I will be teaching you how to make a very simple yet adorable yarn wreath for Spring/Easter!  My inspiration for this wreath comes from TARGET!  We all love Target, of course...who doesn't??...and a couple of weeks ago I saw an awesome Easter wreath!  And I thought...I can make that!

So, here is my final product...


So. Cute.

Here's what you'll need for this project...


Supplies:
Foam Wreath Form
1 Skein of Spring-Colored Variegated Yarn
Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
Scissors
Ribbon, etc (to decorate the wreath)


To begin, put a small dab of hot glue onto the wreath form and glue down the beginning of the yarn.  Then, just wrap!  It's really that simple!  All your'e doing is wrapping the yarn around the wreath form.  Make sure your yarn is even and not overlapping.  And I recommend putting a dab of hot glue on the wreath after every twenty wraps.  This will just ensure the yarn stays in place as you continue to wrap the wreath.


Continue wrapping the yarn all the way around the wreath, until it is fully covered.  I only did one layer of yarn, but if you'd like to you can always add one (or more) layers...it all depends on the look you're going for!

Now, it's time for the decorating!  You can decorate the wreath however you'd like!  I, personally, added a pink bow and a painted wooden flower!


I think it turned out great!  My only regret...I wish I would have used a bigger wreath form.  The sized I used seems to be a little small for a front door wreath.  Oh well.  It still looks cute!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this week's tutorial!  
If you make a wreath of your own, I'd love to see pics!

Until next week...

XOXO,
Brittney



1 comment:

  1. I think it looks great keep up the good work I did post it before but I don't think it worked lol. You can sell that stuff.

    ReplyDelete